Wednesday, August 4, 2010

World Cup 2010 in Review...

They are not just pretty faces, athletic bodies, shorts and sweat. They are not just smellly men, either. Some, if not many, are probably awesome, dreamer guys, with one goal in mind since they were probably 2 years of age. (I remember being 16... That was a good year... And, I've always liked the Netherlands. You know? I even like the color orange. My favorite combination!! BLUUUE and orange.) ^-^

Lifetime Objective: To go, do their best, represent their country, and WINning!!!

For some, it becomes a reality. For others, it remains a frustrating mirage in their life. Some come from humble upbringings, some are more affluent, others with a very privileged background, and some... as I've discovered this summer through some brief research, do not have any college education.

Hmmm.... It makes me think.

In school, we're always pushing the kids to think higher and strive for college. But in reality, they look up to these "role models" who sometimes have a hard time putting sentences together to speak. I don't know... I just wish that education was pushed even more within athletics. It's great to be an athlete, but it is also good to exercise your mind and not just your body. Don't take me wrong, physical fitness IS important... but a good education is priceless. You open doors wherever you go...

I say: Good job to those who value a good education within the sports world!!! Oh, and those that also don't have kids all over the place with various people, spreading a bit of themselves all over the place. (I'm not talking about Christiano Ronaldo, Rafa Marquez, wait your turn, please!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment