Wednesday, August 4, 2010

15 seconds of fame from Lookville.com

About a week ago, I received an email that read exactly like this:


Hi there blogger! Just visited your "Just in time!" blog and I was super impressed by its design and content. We started our site Lookville.com not too long ago. It's a place for people to have discussions, share tips, and ask questions about fashion. It's been going great so far and I would love to have you on it! check it out if you're interested: http://lookville.com/signup?e=emailcarranza@gmail.com&c=gen&ref=fb_us
And we would love to hear your feedbacks. Ciao!- Daphne G.

For 15 seconds, my mind went wild! I thought, "Wow! Someone out there really read my blog!!! They're inviting me to their magazine site... how coool is that??!" My mind went a hundred miles per hour, up unto, "Who knows, next thing I'll be doing is writing a book!!! Watch out Matt Lauer and back off Meredith Vieira, I'm coming to the Today Show to get interviewed and promote my New York's best-selling book!"

Ha!!! Then, reality sunk in. I googled the website, the email, etc... and came up with Lookville.com being an invitation-only website. Ok, so at least I felt a little better on that one :) But the point is, the comments made in the general email go to EVERYONE. I admit it, I can be gullible during the summer...

It wasn't from someone actually interested in reading my life thoughts! :) My blog is still simple, no fancy design, and no sugar-coating the content either. They're just thoughts... I don't keep up with photo albums anymore, given up on pictures too, and I don't take pictures often either because I'm always so busy. So, the way I look at it, this is for posterity reasons. This is my "scrapbook."

So, next time you get an email from Lookville.com, know that it is a legit website about fashion. You create your own looks and post them there... creating a social website with discussion, pictures, questions, etc. Although I appreciate clothes, color, and even fabrics, my world and thoughts do not revolve around fashion. I don't even have time to keep up with my blog! So, why would I enter the world of creating "looks." Nope, I think I'll pass on this cup of tea.

As to the personal email... It is not personal. Hate to burst your bubble like mine. I might not have a reader out there, but it doesn't discourage me from building my blog. :)

1 comment:

  1. I just receieved the same email and had the same reaction. I called a friend and read it to them and the first thing he said was..."what design?" Needless to say althoughI did not appreciate his dose of truth at the moment, reality set in. I too was super excited that spomeone may have actually read my blog...but they didn't! They commented on my school blog (used for a class) and not my personal blog so I should have known. Thanks for posting a blog about it because there was not enough info when googling it until I found your blog!

    Oh and never let anything or anyone try and stop you from writing...they are not worth it. Thanks again for posting!

    ReplyDelete