Monday, August 9, 2010

11.5 - Thing #10 - Virtual Worlds

Second Life

Gaming


Wow!!!!
For this one, I am linking the Library2Play2 instructions here because they are VERY important.

This is something else.

What would my students learn from the virtual world?
My students would learn to explore within a safe community "other" places and interact with people from all over the world. It's another world within our world!
As my students apply their learning of geography (I teach 6th grade Social Studies), they can navigate through this new world... hoping to make the best choices in everything.

Students are able to get very involved since it all requires thinking. I can't wait to explore this one even more! For now, I know that it would be interesting to my students given the opportunity to explore.

No comments:

Post a Comment