Monday, August 9, 2010

11.5 - Thing #7 Video Resources

TV Sources

From YouTube, I can show from Biography, short clips on a historical figure. In this case, I chose the biography of a show I grew up watching, The Wonder Years.



I definitely enjoyed visiting other channels @ Hulu.
My other source of videos is the one from Discovery Education Streaming. Excellent source for school videos!!

The kids are always asking me questions about the Arctic Ocean. Now, I could show them a great National Geographic video I just found here! Also, PBS has a great video on another "Band of Brothers" here. For those of us that have been blown away by Band of Brothers, I think we'll be blown away by actual footage of back in the day.


In other related notes:

What a site. Check out the Creative Commons licensing website. It helps to understand if what you're doing is legal or not.

Main Idea: It's all about Best Practices.

Wow, this cool video tops it all!!! I just learned to make a lava lamp here!!!!

Other great, historical videos on the NARA channel from YouTube here.

In class, I already use PBS.

Cool kiddie videos here. I'm glad little ones also get to watch something fun at their level! :)

An interesting collection/list of video search engines found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment