Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Spring Semester School Projects

The power of interactive learning.

It was second semester... The month of May to be exact. The kids were tired (so was I), in need of something different, but still willing to learn which is not very often that we as teachers see this at the end of the year.

Thanks to my wonderful friend and school librarian, we ended up making a corner of the library a U-shaped classroom as the kids explored iTouches through a project I ended up creating. It was the perfect opportunity for my students to explore all the applications in them, especially World Wiki (applicable to my subject area), and get a good sense of technology nowadays. After all, this is how the future looks like... Working together as a group, too. Meaning, everyone in the group was to be responsible for everyone because all would get a "group" grade.
So, how did my students do at the end of the year, after so much standarized testing, and things to do? Check the picture below. The engagement level even as the pictures were taken describes it best. To say the least, I was proud of my students for "getting into it" and displaying excellent behavior as we shared the library with 3 or 4 noisy and different classes...
What do you think? :)


No comments:

Post a Comment