Thursday, August 27, 2009

The World of "Firsts"

My first time

This post is not about what some people may think it's about... It's safe to read, promise! :)

I never thought that so many "firsts" would happen to me all together and at the same time... The timing so happened to be, I didn't plant it.

It happened immediately after my last day at school, which was the Saturday right before the Monday when everything started: June 8, 2009.
  1. Started seriously swimming.
  2. Closed on my first home.
  3. Took a technology class but not in a regular "classroom" and started this blog.
  4. Bought a new car, thanks to Cash for Clunkers.
  5. Started a brand new school year as a teacher. For those of you that are educators, you know that it's a roller coaster of craziness the weeks before and after the first day of school.
  6. This summer I have met and made new friends along the way... good people. :)
  7. Actually started looking the part. Dressing nicer to work and looking "professional" as Harry Wong implies :) Someone told me two days ago that I was finally looking professional... and I laughed. I guess I was not professional enough before...?! *I think it's funny so it didn't bother me*
  8. My first refrigerator (mine! I actually own it!!) was delivered to my house 3 days ago. It was a gift from my parents. :) Thank you mom and dad.
  9. I'm having the best beginning of the school year - EVER!!!! I'm relaxed and enjoying it!!!
  10. Last, I have received some of the nicest compliments from people I've met lately,
  11. and yes, I guess it is a new beginning for me. Aw, what a feeling!
    A friend asked me,
    "What brought all of this change in you?"
    I thought about it... and at that moment I didn't have an answer. My mom, however, knowing me very well said it was the 25-year flood that happened in our neighborhood in April of this year that brought a whole new perspective on life and things. True. I think that sparked it... and I'm glad it did. Our house flooded and we faced tough moments that were different from others we've lived as a family.
I am reminded of Romans 8:28 in the Bible, "All things work together for good to those who love God, to those that are called according to His purpose." I guess I'm just not used to all these good things happening to me - and all at once!! How amazing. The only thing that I can say and give credit to as to why this is happening to me NOW - at a time like this - in the middle of a recession and lots of stress and work --> God's grace upon my life. And I'm so thankful for that.
I had never felt God's love for me so strongly like I did this summer and I'll never forget that.

There's nothing like having hope in Him who's the giver of all good things. God can take one's imperfections and make something beautiful with that if one surrenders all to Him, just like it's been happening to me since the beginning of June. My faith in The One that knows my past, present, and future has grown over the summer, and I'm deeply grateful for His mercy, grace, patience, and love for me.

And who am I?

Reminder: A struggling, single girl... but seeking Him with all my heart and finding purpose in the journey He leads me on...


No comments:

Post a Comment