Tuesday, August 4, 2009

7 & 1/2 habits: Thing #1 and Thing #2




Last night I started my 23 things class... Yes, almost 2 months later but I'll get it done on or before Aug. 10th, 2009. As I watched the 7 &1/2 habits presentation online, derived from 7 habits of highly effective people, I recognize my attitude as my greatest strength or easiest habit to practice.

Thankfully, I've learned from my mistakes and things that happen in life (habit #3: viewing problems as challenges) ... as I've maintained a good, positive, and grateful attitude. Yes, it's hard sometimes, I won't lie. But overall, I always have a good disposition for learning, working with people, and dealing with every day situations.

As to the hardest for me, I have to be honest: Habit #4 - Being confident in yourself... as a competent, effective learner. Yep, I struggle with that one because sometimes I can be critical of myself or feel like I'm not doing a good job on something... I have to stop and remind myself that I'm new at whatever and that it takes experience (time & practice) to get good at something.

No comments:

Post a Comment