Sunday, August 9, 2009

Thing #18

Online Productivity Tools

I explored OpenOffice.org and Google Docs.
Although both are innovative ideas used by so many, I find myself more connected with Google Docs. I can see how OpenOffice could be helpful if I'm working on a computer that doesn't have the updated Word that I need for that particular document. So, that's where I'd go online and get my work done there. However, I am really thrilled about Google Docs. How many times have all of us had to gather data from different people as emails come in... But thanks to Google Docs, you can create a "form," email it to people, and Google Docs takes care of the rest! As people send back the information, it is automatically put in into a spreadsheet. Google Docs organizes the info for you and it's soooo user-friendly and simple to use. I'm telling you, it's unbelievable! You can also use your info to create charts, graphs, etc... All without you scrambling for those emails and not spending your whole Saturday on something like that... with enough time for you to do whatever else you REALLY want to do. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment