Monday, October 5, 2009

Tostadas anyone?? anyone??


What can I say? I love good Mexican food when I see it, and this recipe for tostadas looks like a winner to me and here's why: Two reasons.
  • Although I have my own family version... :) Very few times do I see the "Pre-frying" and baking in oven suggestion. Definitely a must and it's even better when using freshly made, corn tortillas as you fry away. For someone that's very critical of any so-called tostadas, I must say that the recipe does an excellent job at including the true, real ingredients of what goes on in a Mexican Tostada. Plus, they are super easy to make. Think layers!
  • Second, love the presentation. Yes, even if the recipe is not the greatest or if the food is not up to everyone's taste bud "standards"... you know you can always appeal to their other senses... such as sight! Serve your Mexican dishes on traditional Mexican plates found at local Hispanic stores sometimes... Or if feeling up to a challenge, don't be afraid to explore the flea market. It should be a very interesting experience but you'll find what you need and more! at a discounted price.
I can see how this blue plate would be the perfect contrast if I had a rectangular table with a white linen tablecloth like this one below... Aw, the possibilities... classy, elegant, with warmth yet clean-cut. Just my kind... (of style, of course... :)



Picture found here.
Product from Williams-Sonoma.
I love this place!


PS: I can't wait to make tostadas again!!! My friends and family always love them, and my family is very critical about my food, so I'm sure yours will be loved as well! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment