Sunday, January 3, 2010

New Year, Same Me, and a Future Wedding!

In case you're wondering, here's my "About Me" description:

I'm all about actions and not just talk. What started as a summer
project/requirement has now become a commitment to life-long learning. To me,
every day is a new opportunity to be a better everything! I work very hard on a
daily basis as a teacher to 120+ students... and treasure the few moments I have
to be me. Yes, the dreamer, adventurous, multi-tasker, sometimes too quiet,
appreciative, Carranza :)
And at 27, learning and feeling
alive as if I were 17!

The line in pink has changed and will be erased! Why? A few days ago, I turned 28... But I definitely do feel young as if I were 17!!

And noooo, I'm not the one getting married... My time has not yet arrived. However...

Today's Moment in History: Shout out to my friend, colleague, excellent teacher, neighbor across the hall, mall buddy, super "runner" of an athlete, sister in Christ, and sweetheart of a good friend, Christie!!! :) Congratulations girl, God bless you and Taylor as you've gotten engaged!!! How awesome and what a testimony to those of us that are still waiting... LOL :) I am reminded of God's promises and how real & true they are. And THAT is greatness because I see it in your lives.

I'm reminded of scripture: Isaiah 40: 27-31 NIV

27 Why do you say, O Jacob, and complain, O Israel, "My way is hidden from the LORD; my cause is disregarded by my God"?

28 Do you not know? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom.

29 He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.

30 Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall;

31 but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

When my friend and I were talking on the phone tonight and as she shared with me the awesome news, this passage immediately popped into my mind... And I'm thankful to God because it's a very good reminder to me... and it is God, once again, talking to me. Thank you Father God! Thank you for loving us first... and giving us your grace. Please continue to help me and continue to be patient and merciful to me... I know you are, but please be with me at all times because I need you soooo much. I also ask that you bless this wonderful couple that you have brought together, Christie and Taylor, with everything that they need... and I pray that you give them LIFE and your goodness in abundance! Thank you for their lives, thank you for their example; in your name I pray Jesus, Amen.

I am honored to be called your friend, Christie!!!
Love ya girl!!!! (And love ya too, Taylor!) lol :)

The picture below is my best attempt to reflect a happy, sweet, awesome couple. Although they look lovely, they are not my friends mentioned above. Picture thanks to here.

~ CONGRATULATIONS ~



1 comment:

  1. Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww THANKS, girl! You are the sweetest and kindest friend! I appreciate your heart and your prayers! And I also love your little avatar here, that is too cute! Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete