Thursday, January 21, 2010

Mr. Darcy Broke My Heart

is the title of a new book by Beth Pattillo that I think will be a fun read.

My Lifeway catalog arrived today in the mail, and as I sifted for "things I'd like to have but don't have money for" :) I came across the title of this book. It just seemed to pop-out... thanks to its title. Hmmm... Jane Austen and a twist on her stories... Interesting.


I've seen a few works by others attempting to write novels based on the Classics, but for the first time, I was truly intrigued... Maybe because its genre is Christian Fiction, which I am fairly new to.

Although I'm a "conservative" when it comes to the Classics and don't think they should be altered, hahahaa... I actually think I would like to read this one. What about you? If you appreciate the Classics like I do, would you read a newly-published book that is based on them?


If I buy this novel and actually get to read it, I'll let you know! :)

2 comments:

  1. Buy it! Read it! I'm dying to know if it's good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeees, I will! As soon as I pay off my much needed, new bed, I'll treat myself to a good book and keep you updated :)

    ReplyDelete